Once you have exported your Push Notification certificate, you need to upload it in the Accengage Dashboard. Please go to Settings > Manage Application and click on the pencil to edit the configurations. You should have 2 separate applications, 1 for the Development environment, and 1 for Production. In the relevant application, you should:
- upload the push notification certificate
- enter its password
- tick the right type of push notification certificate
- enter the right Bundle Id
It is very important that you respect the following configuration:
- Use your Development Partner Id and private key, with a Development Provisioning profile within your application, a Development Push Notification Certificate, as well as set the Push Notification certificate as “Development” in the Accengage Dashboard (Settings > Manage application > Edit > Development certificate)
- Use your Production Partner Id and private key, with a Distribution or Ad Hoc Provisioning profile within your application, a Production Push Notification Certificate, as well as set the Push
Notification certificate as “Production” in the Accengage Dashboard (Settings > Manage application > Edit > Development certificate)
- Also make sure that you enter the right Bundle Id for the right application within the Accengage dashboard.
If you do not respect this consistency, then you will end up with Development tokens within your Production environment or the opposite and this will create disconnections when you try and send Push Notifications, which means you might not receive some Push Notifications!
This is a common mistake which causes time consuming investigations. Please make sure that you have followed the previous instruction with attention to avoid those mistakes.
Once you have set this information up, you are now ready to integrate the SDK!